Cary Street Gym
The Cary Street Gym features:
- 2 heated indoor pools: activity pool and leisure pool
- Activity pool features slide, free play area, lap lanes during designated times
- Leisure pool features large, multi-person whirlpool spa, vortex, walk-in entry, 2 lap lanes
- Rock climbing wall with bouldering/caving wall, belaying classes
- 18,000 sq foot fitness center with cardio, selectorized and free weight equipment
- Over 185 pieces of fitness equipment
- 7 weight circuits
- Flat screen TVs in fitness center
- 4 court gymnasium for basketball, volleyball, table tennis and badminton
- Multi Activity Center (MAC) with indoor turf for soccer, dodgeball, and more
- Indoor running track: 9.5 laps/mile interior lane, 8.4 laps exterior lane
- Day use and rental locker facilities
- Group exercise studios
- Stretching studio
- Indoor cycling studio
- 2 racquetball courts
Links and Resources
Summer 2015 Hours May 9 - August 14
Monday - Friday // 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday // 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday // 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Current Area Schedules
The 4 Court Gym, Group Exercise Room, and Racquetball Courts at the Cary St. Gym will be CLOSED August 8-14 for refinishing.
The Cary St. Field will be closed August 8-9 for line painting.
On Thursday, August 13th and Friday, August 14th, all Recreational Sports facilities will close for the day for staff training.
Cary Street Gym
July 26 - August 1
Cary Street Field
Thalhimer Tennis Center is closed to Informal Recreation until Fall semester
MCV Campus Recreation and Aquatic Center
June 26 - July 31
Space Reservation Request Forms (VCU student organizations only)
Cary Street Gym Space Request Form
MCV Campus Rec & Aquatic Center Space Request Form
Parking Near the Gyms
The City of Richmond operates metered parking spaces on the streets adjacent to Cary Street Gym. Two hour parking limits apply.
For VCU Parking subscribers, VCU Parking and Transportation has a handy reciprocal parking guide.. You can enter your permit letters to find out eligible locations and times for reciprocal parking lots on both campuses.