Group Exercise Classes
VCU Rec Sports offers a wide variety of classes to help you reach your fitness goals. Group Exercise Classes are available to Recreational Sports members and VCU students with a valid VCU Card, FREE OF CHARGE. All classes include warm-up, muscle-specific stretches, isolation work and cool-down activities.
You can drop-in to any of our classes, they are available on a first come, first served basis. Please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before class begins. Participants who register online will be able to reserve a spot in the class ahead of time.
Spring Semester Schedule in effect through 5/2/17
Spring Finals Schedule in effect 5/3/17 - 5/12/17
Join us for March Madness, March 14 - April 13. Accumulate "points" by participating in our Group Ex classes! At the end of each week, the people with the most points will advance to the next week in a tournament-style challenge. The top 10 individuals at the end of the challenge will receive a Rec Sports tablet sleeve.
Free Thow (1 point): 30-minute class
2-point basket: 45-minute class
3-point basket: 60-minute class
4-point play: 75-minute class
How to participate:
Register with your Group Ex Instructor by filling out form in classroom
- Place your name on the chart
- Track your classes on the chart
- Each week participants will receive a message on March 21 and March 28 on who will advance to the next week.
Dates to advance: March 21, March 28.
Last day of March Madness is April 13.
The winner will be announced April 14.
- Registration opens 24 hours before a class begins.
- When you click on a class name in the list, you will be asked to sign in, and then you will be linked to the class description and location.
- Check the location of the class you are registering for!
- Click the yellow "Register" button to reserve your space in the class.
- TO CANCEL A REGISTRATION for a group exercise class, please call our service desk at 804-827-1100 with the date/time/class name.